Have any of you noticed that you can have can get on tv now for almost anything?
I'm one of those people that leaves my tv on most of the time when I'm home. I don't really watch it. I just like the background noise. Sometimes when it is too quiet, my thoughts go crazy (imagine that).
Well, because I've been laid up recently, I've actually "watched" more tv than usual. Things that people used to be embarrassed about are now things that people will go on tv and show the world.
The other night I couldn't sleep. I was trying to find something interesting on tv. With cable tv and 60 plus channels, you would think there would be SOMETHING interesting to watch.....NOT.
In the middle of the night, there are about 3 choices:
1. Have your credit card handy.
2. Court TV
3. Somebody's 15 Minutes of Fame Show.
Here's a Recap of those shows:
1. Have your credit card handy- Billy Mayes (RIP) was cool. So fun to watch AND he made ANYTHING look like it was something you just couldn't live without......especially if you ordered immediately because you then would get TWO, not one but TWO for the same low price of $19.99 +S&H.
BUT, if I put my bath robe on backwards, I can already feel like I have a Snuggie.
A Slap Chop would end up on the shelf in my laundry room next to my Quik Chop.
I don't believe I can lose inches in just 2 weeks by pulling on a giant rubber band.
AND I am quite sure that rubbing an oval shaped emery board over my legs will not make my legs hair free for weeks.
2. Court TV- If you ever want to sue your neighbor, friend, enemy, ex boyfriend/girlfriend, ex husband/wife, mother, father, aunt, uncle, sister, brother, daughter, son, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law, pastor, mechanic, lover, ex-lover, ex-lover's girlfriend, ex-lover's boyfriend, ex-lover's girlfriend AND boyfriend, or the random person walking down the street.....be sure to do it on tv.
You can go see Judge Judy, Judge Alex, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Hatchett, Judge Mathis, Judge Karen, Judge Jeanne Pirro, Divorce Court, Peoples Court, Open Court, and that guy that wears the cowboy hat (can't remember his name).
So what if you were dumb enough to bail them out of jail twice, buy them a new Playstation, put their rent-a-car or cell phone in your name, or send them money even though you only met them over the internet, then go ahead and sue them. Please be sure to do it on television so we can ALL hear about your bedroom and drug habits too. And PLEASE don't forget to ask for the extra money for pain, suffering and emotional distress.
3. Somebody's 15 minutes of Fame Show- This is the worst yet. I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down (in one sitting) all the "15 minutes of Fame" shows that I saw on the tv guide channel.
My Super Sixteen
Sixteen and Pregnant
Bringing Home Baby
World's Strictest Parents
Little People Big World
My First Place
How DO I Look?
It's Me or The Dog
My Parents House
Date My Mom
I Love New York
Real Housewives of Orange County
Maybe I'll make my own show. I'll call it, "I Hurt my Back, Watched too much TV and my House is a Wreck". Then after that show runs its course, I'll go on court tv and sue Kings Dominion because I hurt my back----even though there WAS a sign posted at every ride. Just think! With all the money I win, I can then go and buy a Slap Chop. I wonder if it doesn't work, if I can sue....