Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Re-Visiting the WVB
Hi all. You may think all I do is write about funny things or off the wall topics. But education is a very important topic. Enriching one's vocabulary is a great way to enrich one's mind. SO, as you read the following, you will see there is a very intellectual and deep side to me also.
Today, I am going to approach the Word Verification Box again.
The DREADED Word Verification Box (WVB)!
We've been over before how annoying they are and how those spammers get through anyway but they still keep getting used.
As I've told you in the past, at least it can be very educational. Why, I've even learned more new words since my last post on this subject...what did you say? You want to read the last one I wrote? Well, aren't you sweet. You can read it by clicking H E R E. OR, as I just found out, you can go to Goggle, type in Word Verification Box on images and yours truly is the first image there!
These new words that keep coming up are tricky. Sometimes I cannot find them in my Websters dictionary, but that's ok because many of these have the meaning built right in.
Here are a few I've run across in the past few weeks.........
1. CATAPOOT- definitely an easy one, (and my favorite from this list). Your kids are playing with their toy catapult and it isn't working properly. The stone is just falling off of the end. That is definitely a "catapoot"
2. Nonash-The opposite of YesNash
3. Suatri- When a tree falls on you and you take legal action against it. (ok, maybe this one is my favorite)
4. whobb- What Weebles do when they DO fall down.
5. Gizinh- What to say to someone who starts to sneeze but stops in the middle of it.
6. Volium- The medication that the doctor gives you once the Valium becomes ineffective. (a step before Xanax).
7. Genfati- that is what you become when you drink too much gin and get a big belly.
8. Cardem- What the guy at the local bar does to make sure under age drinkers aren't trying to get in.
9. Inquets-opposite of outquets......don't ask me what outquets means. I can't do all the research. But it probably means something like the opposite of inquets.
10. Cowerso- Remember those bullies from when you were a kid? Stand up to them and watch them cowerso much.
11. Addiliu- A word for people with ADD and ADHD. It is when they start to talk about one thing and suddenly get sidetracked and off the subject. My favorite subject in school was history because you learned so much about real people and real times and, oh, I've really spent too much time here today because I have tons of important things to do...like laundry ....dishes.... dinner .....vacuum ..... My vacuum is an Oreck. It's ok, but until they make a vacuum that does the work for you, to me, they are all the same. Hey, I think they did, I think it's called the Robovac and it is a little disc that travels around the room for you. I read somewhere that you have to program it though and I could be finished vacuuming by then.
Well, that is all for now.
Oh, and to all you people that still have the WVB. I'm just kidding. I LOVE you all. Thank you for enriching my mind!