Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Welcome to my Random Dozen. this is a meme from Lidna at 2nd Cup of Coffee......but I bet you already knew that!
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
Pleasant....really. Of course it is easier now that the kids are older and I can actually rest a bit when I'm sick.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
Haha. Was this written just for me? Honestly it is ok when I turn off the alarm and go back to sleep....but then I have to get up...and there are people in my space.....
ALSO, it is fun the first day. Kind of like a holiday. The 2nd day is still a bit festive. On the 3rd day I was beginning to get a bit annoyed that no one knows how to hang up wet snow clothes and there are puddles of melted snow on the floor (wet socks...yuck). By day 4 my left eye started to twitch and I was feeling a bit jumpy but then on day 5 everything was fine. Nothing bothered me at all as I sat in my own little corner, rocking back and forth, singing incoherently to myself. Days 6,7,and 8 are just a jumbled memory.....
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
As a Domestically Disabled woman, it is difficult to choose one. My family would probably be thrilled if I could improve my cooking.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
5. What song is on your mind today?
Flying Purple People Eater.
OK, not really. It is actually that commercial....Call JG Wentworth 877-CASH NOW!!
I tried to post it here but it keeps ending up at the bottom of this post. At least you now have something to look forward to.
(oh great...now I'm humming Flying Purple people Eater!)
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
I am The Queen of compartmentalization!!
(however, not so good at wallpapering...)
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
Sorry, I didn't hear you. What did you say?
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
It was probably that time I drank too much caffeine.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
Making those mailboxes and passing out valentines to the other kids mailboxes. I don't remember all the valentines having candy attached like they do now.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
No big preference but go ahead and wait until the day after and get it half off...better yet, wait a few more days and get it for 75%-90% off.
Oh, don't tell anyone, and I'm sure you couldn't tell, but I'm not big on Valentines Day.... hopefully I'm not big on any day ....... why? Do I look fat to you? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!
12. Red or pink?
2. Anything that isn't pink.