Monday, November 24, 2008

The Bunny


Do you ever get a song in your head and you can't get rid of it. Yes you have. We all have at one time or another so I really don't know why you're pretending that it never happens to you. Oh, and thank you to the honest ones out there that said yes.

Anyway, I have the weirdest song (go figure) tumbling around and I just can't get rid of it. Anyone that has kids from ages 1-18 or grandkids may very well recognize it. It's from Veggie Tales. I LOVE Veggie Tales. For my birthday CK gave me a CD of 70's hits from Veggie Tales...not for my kids....but for me. I love it. One of the songs is Funky Town. I was playing it with CK's daughter #2 in the car one day and she kept asking me to play the Taco Belly song again???? I had no idea what she was talking about until she sang it for me. Taco Belly, Taco Belly, Taco Belly, Taco Belly....change words to "Talk About It" and you have the Funky Town chorus. Thank goodness I figured that out. Of course now everytime I sing along I say Taco Belly.

Well, believe it or not, that wasn't the song I was talking about in the first place. Guess I got sidetracked...hhmmm....how odd for me.

Anyway back to the song I keep singing in my head...now I am thinking about it in addition to the Taco Belly song. The song I am talking about now....if you are still with me is The Bunny Song. It is on one of the videos and surprising enough, it is about a chocolate bunny and a bunny making factory.If I don't write down the words I will never stop singing it to myself. So please, bear with me. Hey stop! Put your shirt back on. I said bear with me...not bare with me.....and no grizzly bears, this is about chocolate bunnies. OK, here we go...

The bunny, The bunny.
Whoa I love the bunny.
I don't love my mom or my dad just the bunny.
The bunny The bunny
yeah, I love the bunny.
I gave everything that I had for the bunny.

I don't want no pickles, I don't want no honey.
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny.
I don't want a tissue when my nose is runny.
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny.
I don't want to tell you a joke that is funny.
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny.
I don't want to play on a day that is sunny.
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny.

Cause Bunnies Are COOL!!!

Thank you and I apologize but I have been singing that song for days and it won't go away.
All it took was one simple sentence to put that song in my head.
it was something like, "Hi, How are you?"

Oh No. Here we go..

Bunnies....Easter
Easter.......Eggs
Eggs......Chicks
Chicks....Chicken
Chicken.....Turkey
Turkey.......Thanksgiving.

So are you all getting ready for Thanksgiving. I am VERY thankful. I am very thankful that I don't have to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. Either ET or Chatty Kelly does Thanksgiving each year. This year it is CK. All I have to do is to prepare a few sides, load the kids in the car, drive over the river and through the woods to Kelly's house I go. It's a long trek. It takes at least 5-7 minutes to get there.

So, you all know what that means for Chatty Kelly....Stress!

Maybe I'll take her a chocolate bunny...hhhmmmm....doubt I can find one this time of year. Oh well, a Hershey's Kiss will have to do.

And That..........Is That!
(unless it is this)

31 comments:

Kelly said...

I'll bet you could find me a chocolate Santa. Hershey. Or Hershey bar with almonds. Not that I"m counting on it or anything.

I love the Bunny song!

Did you know when a song is stuck in your head it is called an ear-worm?

Check out my new blog too. I should add the Taco Belly quote to it!!

My ADHD Me said...

Look - I added the video too, with my high tech editing skills.

WAHAHAHA - Obviously if you know ADHD Me, you know this is Chatty KElly who is logged in as her and I added the video for her. SURPRISE! Because it just makes the it better for those who don't know the song.

And now the song is STUCK in my head!

From Chatty Kelly,
logged in as My ADHD Me

Kelly said...

You're welcome!

From me, signed in as me.

Cause you don't think I'd give ADHD-Jo MY password do you???

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

I fear playing the video as I suspect you are now inventing a new form of virus - of the earworm variety. Ewww I think we can come up with a better name for this phenomenon. How about audio monkey?

I am already dwelling on my taco belly issue. I need to fast for the next 3 days. Not likely to happen.

Happy Thanksgiving week.

My ADHD Me said...

This REALLY is MyADHDMe. See what happens when you give out your password. lol. Chatty Kelly, Thanks for adding the video. Of course now that I have actually heard the song again, it is REALLY in my head....cause BUNNIES ARE COOL!

Everyone...that means you too BeverlyLouWho...you really MUST listen to this song. After all, it's the first time I've ever had one for you to listen to.

On Purpose said...

I just commented on your sisters blog how proud I was of myself that I got the movie/song lyrics from the comment you left...and I hadn't even been here to visit your blog yet.

My BOYS love this stuff...and daddy walks around singing this song all the time...so it will be a "I just want the bunny" kind of day here today!

Greg C said...

I think it is time for your medication honey just sit there and let me get you that bunny. Now you got me doing it. Why did I have to watch that video. I hate veggie monsters. :)

My ADHD Me said...

Greg..Thank you. I wrote this post late last night and I'm sure the meds had worn off.
BUT...
I'm sitting here waiting for the bunny. Don't forget,
"I don't want no pickles,
I don't want no honey,
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny..."

My ADHD Me said...

On Purpose...here I sit on my computer because,
"I don't want to play on a day that is sunny,
I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny...."

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

That is my FAVORITE Veggie Tales episode...I often get this stuck in my head

"Good morning, George, how are you? I hope you're feeling fine. I'd love to stay and talk but it's almost 8 o'clock, and I haven't got the time..." (I could keep going)..

(that's the song from the opening of the story...)

"Cause we work real hard at the chocolate factory. We start at 8 and we don't get done till 3."

....sorry, I'll stop now
Happy Thanksgiving!

My ADHD Me said...

I also love the one about Daniel in the lion's den.
"Oh no, what we gonna do? The king likes Daniel more than me and you.
We could use him as a footstool or a table to play scrabble on,
Then tie him up and beat him up and throw him out of Babylon."
(I didn't know they played Scrabble back then....hhmmm)

Kelly said...

Oh where is my hairbrush? Oh where is my hairbrush? Oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWhere...is my hairbrush?

Bob, being slightly embarrassed at the sight of Larry in towel....

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

You guys are too much! Someone once told me that if you have a song stuck in your head, you should sing the theme from Gilligan's Island and the stuck song will go away. But then you'll have Gilligan (Little Buddy) stuck...but for some reason, for not quite as long...

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

My personal favorite Veggie song is I Love My Lips. Or Barbara Manatee. Or maybe Bellybutton. Oh NOOoo....
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip....

My ADHD Me said...

What I want to know is, where's MY water buffalo? Why don't I get a water buffalo........

Edie said...

LOL!!! I don't know how I missed this post but I'm glad I finally made it.

I just love the expressions on Larry's, Bob's, and Jr's faces in the video!

Only you could use this as a segway for a Thanksgiving post! Maybe you should be a DJ. You know all the latest songs. :D

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!
You too CK my friend! :D

HisPrincess said...

Well thank you very much! I haven't had veggie tales running around insie my head for years...and nw I will be singing 'we are the grapes of wrath" for weeks. That was always my favourite.

Heaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heaven said...

oh where...is God's girl...
oh where is God's girl...
oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh where, oh wherrrrrrrrrreeeeee is God's girl?

I have missed you all soooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss being part of the mayhem here. I am going through withdrawals bigtime...sniff...sniff...and I really miss veggie tales. I really should get all my videos out and re-watch them because I haven't watched them for years. My computer is still broken, but I will return once in awhile to make my mark...Love ya all. Have fun chatting without...me...sniff..sniff...I'll be-back!!! Thank you for caring about my absence....

The Equipped Life said...

I love the bunny song

The bunny...
The bunny...
Oh, I ate the bunny
I didn't eat my beans or my bread
Just the bunny...

The one that always sticks in my head and I can't get it out is

Oh, where is my hairbrush?
Oh, where is my hairbrush?
Oh, where
oh, where
oh, where
oh, where
Oh where
Oh, where
Oh WHERE
Is my hairbrush?!?

Notice how funny the word 'where' looks when it's written 7x in a row?

The Patterson 5 said...

My fave Veggie tale song is the Cheeseburger song. They get so excited and dramatic about a cheeseburger and it always makes me laugh!

Oh and you can find a chocolate bunny at Kroger. Weird but true go on the candy aisle (sp)? There must be others who think of Turkey and then somehow get to chocolate bunnies. I think it's Lindt brand?

Ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving! Hopefully CK won't stress. Mr P's comment was really suppossed to be a compliment on her being more like Mary than a Martha :)

Kelly said...

Mrs. P - check those bunnies on the kroger aisle closely, and I'll bet they are reindeer. I thougth the same thing, but upon close examination, the "ears" where antlers.

Kelly said...

It kills me that you get over 20 comments on the bunny song. Gee whiz.

Kelly said...

I'll bet it would have only been 19 if I hadn't added the video. LOL!

Edie said...

If you can't tell the difference between a bunny and a reindeer then does it REALLY matter? LOL.

Just stopped by for a cup of coffee. I brought some diet coke to stock you up.

You got 44 comments when just had two pictures. This post is still 20 comments behind. LOL.

Karen Hossink said...

Oh, that happens to me ALL THE TIME. Getting a song stuck in my head, that is.
In fact, my husband gets great pleasure by putting songs in my head. He will walk by me whistling something and then a few minutes later when he hears me singing it he smiles slyly and asks, "What made you think of that song?"
About that time, I realize he was song-planting again and I sigh as I try to change my tune.

How about this one...
Oh, where is my hairbrush?
Oh, where is my hairbrush?
Oh, where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wheeere is my hairbrush?

Sue J. said...

Madame Blueberry:

Thank You, God, for this day
For the sun in the sky
For my Mom and my Dad
For my piece of apple pie

For the love that He shares
'Cause He listens to my prayers.
That's why I say thanks every day!

(Being as it's Thanksgiving and all.)

Actually, I was here yesterday and wrote out Larry's lip sounds to "I Love My Lips," but then Blogger decided to "Do the Moo Shoo" and I lost it all.

I like the Boyz in the Sink, too--their schizzizzle on the Singing Christmas Tree CD can't be beat!

Oh....

Pleez, check your E-mail.
Oh, pleez, check your E-mail.
It's not a check.
I checked; you check
Perhaps a cheque?
No, not a cheque!
Just CHE----------------CK!
Check your E-mail!

Edie said...

Has anyone seen my hairbrush?

My ADHD Me said...

I'll go, check my email.
I'll go, check my e-mail.
I'll go, I'll go, I'll go I'll go 'I'll GO...
(check my e-mail)

My ADHD Me said...

OH MY. I checked my e-mail.
OH MY. I checked my e-mail.
OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MY. OH MYYYYY!!!!!
I had 747 unread e-mails in my mailbox!!

(after reading these comments, I can only imagine what they sound like to anyone that doesn't know about Veggie Tales. That is if there IS anyone)

Still waiting for MY water buffalo...

My ADHD Me said...

hey CK it's easy to get 30 (now 31) comments if you realize that there are:

6 from you
1 from you signed in as me
and 8 from me.

lol