Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Chatty Kelly's Thanksgiving Meme
Hi all. This is Chatty Kelly's Thanksgiving Meme...(hence the title "Chatty Kelly's Thanksgiving Meme").
1. Which do you like better. Cooking at your house or going elsewhere? No brainer...elsewhere.
2. Do you buy fresh or frozen bird? I don't have to buy the bird. (or kill the bird, or pluck the bird etc) See answer to #1
3. What kind of stuffing? My dad's. And it's DRESSING
4. Sweet Potato or Pumpkin Pie? Yes. with Cool Whip please.
5. Do you believe turkey leftovers are a curse or the point of the whole thing? Two words...Turkey Sandwich.
6. Which sidedish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu? As cooking is NOT one of my specialties...I don't think there is anything that would be riot provoking.
7. Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock? Well, if anyone wants to make Turkey Hash, I'll take a bowl.
8. What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving Dinner easier? I already have it. 2 sisters that take turns preparing it.
9. Do you get up at the crack of dawn to have dinner ready in the early afternoon or do you eat at your normal dinner hour? See answer to #1 and #8.
10. If you go to someone else's house, what is your favorite dish to bring? Leftover containers
11. Is your cranberry sauce fresh or canned? They make it fresh?
12. What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu? Well, besides the dressing, sweet potato casserole, ham, greens, rolls, mac and cheese, and all of the other yummy things that everyone makes and brings I also love...big segway here.....
(sung to the tune of, of course, The Bunny!)
The Turkey. The Turkey.
Wow, I love the turkey.
I dream about the gravy and the dressing and the turkey.
The turkey. the turkey.
YES! I love the turkey.
You can buy it in Virginia or even Albuquerque.
I don't want no carrots.
I don't want no peas.
Just bring on the turkey,
And slice it up please.
I don't have to cook it.
I don't have the mess.
I just go to kelly's
And SHE GETS THE STRESS!!
The turkey. The turkey.
Wow, I love the turkey.
It's very very hard to find some words that rhyme with Turkey.
The turkey . The turkey.
(my mind is getting quirky)
I can't stop thinking 'bout Little Turkey Lurkey.
I've got to stop typing.
But one more thing to say.
I hope you all enjoy yourselves
On THANKSGIVING DAY!
The Turkey. The Turkey....(fade out)