This week's Random Question from Edie at Rich Gifts is "Wanna Play Tag?"
OK, I'm game.
There are 2 questions.
The first is name 6 things I've learned this year. Not necessarily new things, but rather lessons that God has brought and is still bringing into sharper focus.
OK, Here goes....
1. I've learned that sometimes when people say "How are You?", that there are actually some people that REALLY want to know how you are.
2. Because of my first answer, I've learned to actually trust people a little bit. And sometimes tell them how I really am doing.
3. I learned to listen.....or rather Shut-Up and Listen...I should say "I'm LearnING". Still could use some work on it but sometimes those thoughts start bubbleing up and the words start flowing out of my mouth and before I know it I am off on a rampage talking about this and that....although more often it is that I am talking about while the other people are still talking about this. THEREFORE that can be very confusing because everyone else is on this subject....
4. I learned some of your best friends can be people you never met......however, this is for blogging purposes only and if you are single and at a chat room or something like match.com please don't follow my advise because those people may be "bbaaaddddddd" (that was my impression of Sheri Lewis doing Lamb Chop). Some of those people may be very nice...just proceed with caution....I'm pretty sure most of my readers aren't chat room people but you never know and it is better to be safe than sorry. (writer does not accept responsibility for any actions taken regarding the statement saying that some of your best friends can be people you never met.)
5. On November 4th I was reminded of a Rolling Stones song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want". BUT, after MAJOR disappointment and feeling the world was doomed, I read some of your blogs and remembered that God is in control and he will protect us. WHICH reminded me most importantly that I need to pray much more often than I do.
6. Speaking of praying, I learned from Chatty Kelly that if you tell someone you are going to pray for them, then you darn well better do it, because it is a sin not to..if you said you were going to. WHICH, completely changed they way I feel when someone says they will pray for me (that trust issue again) AND, because my train of thought is...well..you know...whirling dervish...I learned that if I tell someone I am going to pray for them then I need to stop right there, that moment and do it!
That was part one of Edie's Random Question. I'm going to save part two for my next post.
On that note I am going to pray for all of you...just a thank you prayer...because I feel blessed to have gotten to know you. (but first I'm going to hit the save button").