Saturday, November 15, 2008

Random Question From Edie @ Rich Gifts. Wanna Play Tag?

This week's Random Question from Edie at Rich Gifts is "Wanna Play Tag?"
OK, I'm game.

There are 2 questions.

The first is name 6 things I've learned this year. Not necessarily new things, but rather lessons that God has brought and is still bringing into sharper focus.
OK, Here goes....

1. I've learned that sometimes when people say "How are You?", that there are actually some people that REALLY want to know how you are.

2. Because of my first answer, I've learned to actually trust people a little bit. And sometimes tell them how I really am doing.

3. I learned to listen.....or rather Shut-Up and Listen...I should say "I'm LearnING". Still could use some work on it but sometimes those thoughts start bubbleing up and the words start flowing out of my mouth and before I know it I am off on a rampage talking about this and that....although more often it is that I am talking about while the other people are still talking about this. THEREFORE that can be very confusing because everyone else is on this subject....

4. I learned some of your best friends can be people you never met......however, this is for blogging purposes only and if you are single and at a chat room or something like match.com please don't follow my advise because those people may be "bbaaaddddddd" (that was my impression of Sheri Lewis doing Lamb Chop). Some of those people may be very nice...just proceed with caution....I'm pretty sure most of my readers aren't chat room people but you never know and it is better to be safe than sorry. (writer does not accept responsibility for any actions taken regarding the statement saying that some of your best friends can be people you never met.)

5. On November 4th I was reminded of a Rolling Stones song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want". BUT, after MAJOR disappointment and feeling the world was doomed, I read some of your blogs and remembered that God is in control and he will protect us. WHICH reminded me most importantly that I need to pray much more often than I do.

6. Speaking of praying, I learned from Chatty Kelly that if you tell someone you are going to pray for them, then you darn well better do it, because it is a sin not to..if you said you were going to. WHICH, completely changed they way I feel when someone says they will pray for me (that trust issue again) AND, because my train of thought is...well..you know...whirling dervish...I learned that if I tell someone I am going to pray for them then I need to stop right there, that moment and do it!

That was part one of Edie's Random Question. I'm going to save part two for my next post.

On that note I am going to pray for all of you...just a thank you prayer...because I feel blessed to have gotten to know you. (but first I'm going to hit the save button").

15 comments:

Kelly said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! Best post yet. Yea You! (Or is it Yeah You!) I get those too mixed up - anyway - hooray you is what I'm saying. *smile*

The Patterson 5 said...

This is a smiley face post! I'm sitting here smiling after reading all you wrote!

HisPrincess said...

I really enjoyed your post today. Made me smile, and that's always a good thing...

I used to love lamb chop :) We had a pet sheep named lamb chop once...she used to lead the other sheep in the wrong direction ALL THE TIME because she wasn't afraid of the sheep dog, she is no longer with us, lets just say that her name became a self fulfilling prophecy.

Anonymous said...

I'm certain it's totally okay that others are talking about that and you're still on this.

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

You could be the next Dr. Suess. Perfectly entertaining while nailing the truth of the matter.

Edie said...

Smiles all around! :D
You're just the sweetest little whirling dirvish I ever didn't meet. Mushy, mushy stuff and everything! :D Thank you for praying for us.

I'm working on keeping my mouth shut at times too. I've gotten pretty good in some situations but in others, well ... much more practice is needed. :)

HisPrincess ~ You made lamb chops out of a baaaaaaaddd sheep!? How SAAAAAAD! lol.

Edie said...

CK - I'm never sure if is Yea or Yeah so I do Yay! :D

Kelly said...

Well yay Edie! good idea!

My ADHD Me said...

His Princess-Her name became a self fulfilling prophecy. I'm sorry but..WAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sue J. said...

I've known you for only a little while, in the relative scheme of things. But I've seen you grow so much in that short time, and it's all for good! Good for you and good for us....good for everybody!

Thanks for sharing your growth! And every time you write, we are blessed in some surprising way through what say to us.

Personally, woo-hoo! is becoming a favorite. Looking forward to post #2, and thanking you for stopping to pray!

Edie said...

Well thank you CK, but I can't take credit. I've seen other's use it that way and decided it was a good idea too. :D

On Purpose said...

God is all over this post my friend! I love it. For it is shining bright...when people come to read this...they will know that God is alive and working and your testimony of this very truth is SO awesome...did I mention I LOVE this post!

Thank you for sharing your true heart...for thats why I love to read your blog!

Kelly said...

Okay, time to answer part 2.

My ADHD Me said...

I'm trying! I'm trying!

Edie said...

Now, now, it's not as hard as it sounds. :D

You have anxious readers waiting in anticipation. But hey, no pressure.

Greg C said...

Well I am a day late and a dollar short but I will agree with everyone else and say this was a great post. When I first got on this web thing I used to go to local and subject chat rooms but I quickly found out that like you said there are some very bad people there so I quit. I am not saying everyone who chats is bad but just that there are some bad ones there.

Along with your first item about asking how someone is also make sure not to ask how someone is doing if you really don't want to know. :) Great post. When do we get to hear the second part?