Thursday, December 11, 2008
Hi. Lea, at the Shabby Olde Potting Shed, is playing TAG. She says she tagged me but I KNOW for a fact that I dodged just in time. I was going to deny being it but you know what happens then. I'll say that she missed me, she'll claim that she didn't. Next thing you know, we are arguing in the street, the other kids take sides, and then someone's mom get mad and makes everyone go home.
SO, in order to keep the peace. I'll Be It.
A Christmas Tag......
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog definately
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?
He wraps them. After spending all that time creating them, he wants the "moment" to last longer.
3. Lights on house / tree are colored or white?
I live in Virginia...White. (but it is fun to go tour the other houses that go
C-R-A-Z-Y.......pictures of that later this week)
4. Do you have mistletoe?
Why? Do you want to kiss me?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
USUALLY, I have it done by the beginning of December. This year hasn't worked out as well. If I don't hurry up, it will be Groundhog's Day!
6. Favorite Holiday Dish (EXcluding dessert)?
Dressing...... Not Stuffing....(here we go again).
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
I was never a child.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
After I put some money in the Salvation Army's bucket, the Santa thanked me for helping to give presents to children, that otherwise wouldn't get anything for Christmas. I asked my mother why didn't Santa give presents to the poor children and she responded with, "What do you think?". I figured it out that day.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, but it's harder to spread out the gifts as they get older. Stuff is MUCH more expensive.
10. How do you decorate your tree?
11. SNOW. Love it or dread it?
LOVE it when it's coming down and everything is covered. DREAD it when everything is
slushy and dirty and the kids have been out of school for a week.
12. Can you ice skate?
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
It was an honor just being nominated.
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas to you?
No brainer. The birth of Jesus Christ.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Same as Lea's. Home made sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching How "The Grinch Stole Christmas" with my kids while decorating the tree. Also, in the evenings, our fire dept rides through every neighborhood in our district with Santa in the bucket of the truck. Usually we have 5-7 pieces of apparatus and it's like a parade. Horns and sirens are blaring. Spotlight is on Santa and the people LOVE it. They come out and thank us and bring us homemade treats and donations.
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
A star made out of cardboard and aluminum foil. JM made it when he was about 4.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving gifts?
I actually really do prefer giving. I also would rather exchange a small thoughtful, inexpensive gift than just something we pick up because we can't think of anything else. (I know, cheesy).
19. Favorite Christmas Song?
"Do You Hear What I Hear?" and "Mary, Did You Know?"
20. Candy Canes, Yum or Yuck?
21. What do you want for Christmas?
A Water Buffalo
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Everyone comes to my house on Christmas Eve and to my sisters' or brother's house on Christmas Day (and Thanksgiving).
23. Do you usually dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's?
24. Do you own a Santa Hat?
Yes, and another one with a beard attached and also reindeer antlers.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
My family, extended family, inlaws, outlaws, etc.
26. What is your favorite Christmas decoration and why?
An old walking cane that belonged to my grandfather. My dad gave it to me after his dad died. It reminds me of my grandfather but also reminds me of Miracle on 34th Street. That was always my favorite Christmas movie. One of my favorite quotes is from it. "Faith Is Believing In Something, Even When Common Sense Tells You Not To.".
OK everyone...TAG...You're It!!