Friday, March 26, 2010
The Dreaded WVB
I haven't been very productive lately and (obviously) haven't been doing much blogging. What better time could there be to work on learning a new language. You know the one. The Dreaded Word Verification Box (WVB). Although we all agree that this can be an inconvenient hassle, it is also a way to work on our foreign language skills.
Here are a few of the new words I have learned.
1. relie-that is the problem with lying. Once you start, you usually end up needing to lie more and more to keep up with the original lie. It can sometimes be very confusing keeping all those lies straight. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you avoid lying. That will prevent the need to relie.
2. stogger-one with an abnormal fascination / obsession with any certain blogger. One who stalks any certain blog and perhaps makes copies of this blog and wall papers his/her room with it.
3. refreak-what Chatty Kelly will do next time her husband allows people into her office when she hasn't cleaned it.
4. menope (me-no-pe) I went into the ladies room but after I got there, I changed my mind, menope.
5. prophy- false quotes from The Prophet.
6. alquit- What Al did when he was losing the game. Al is SUCH a poor sport!
7. ferfo- One who protests the wearing of fur.
8. inedov- When you have a strong craving for something. When I wake up in the morning, I am inedov a diet coke.
9. Archinewho- Second cousin of Archinehow.
10. tarintub- What a Mess! After Berr Rabbit got out of the tar, he went home and had a bath. He really needs to learn to clean up after himself.
11. fatenal- Medication for obesity.
12. noper- Sound made by a mute cat.
13. maywar- The battle that came after the April War.
14. bratop- Well, it makes a lot more sense than brabottom.
15. ovenizi- This is the product that was invented before the Easy-Bake Oven. Not sure why it never took off.
16. submene- The part-timer that takes over for the Full-Time Mene when he or she is on vacation.
SO, until next time.........