Thursday, March 4, 2010
A Very Random Random Dozen
A Very Random Random Dozen. I decided to go back and choose a different group of questions rather than do the ones from this week.
Why? you ask?
How should I know?
Why is in left field.
What is on second.
Who is on second?
No, Who is on first.
No, What is on second.
(sigh) I don't know.
1. How good are you at delaying gratification?
I've been told that "instant gratification" is my middle name. Not something to brag about. Actually I've been told that alot of things are my middle name. Well, I don't know if they actually said it was my middle name. That's just semantics. Otherwise my name would be ... MYADinstantgratificationHDMe. That would take too long to type.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Maybe a marshmallow WOULD be a difficult temptation for me. Nah, it wouldn't be. I could probably go for years without having another marshmallow and would never miss it. On the other hand, it probably isn't so nice to pick on marshmallows. After all, I would rather have a marshmallow than beets.
The question is what food (or anything else) would be most tempting. It would be a drink. Diet Coke.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
That is with myself. I seem to have lots of patience for other people....MOST other people...not all.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
Only when I do.
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
It doesn't matter. Whichever line I get in will have a computer problem, the printer will run out of ink or paper, it will be time for a shift change, or the person in front of me will take 2 hours. OK, I do have a hard time waiting in line. Usually I have to start singing and dancing or talking to myself....it's amazing how quickly the line starts to move after that.
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
No, but I did wait until after he was conceived.
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
It completely depends on the individual.
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
Only once. It was Christmastime. I was 18 and married. I had 2 presents wrapped under the tree. I decided to peek at one and then I would still be able to have a surprise for the other one. The one I looked at was a portable, battery operated tv....way cool back then. I could hardly wait until Christmas to open the other. Christmas morning came. I opened the other. It was 8 D batteries, (needed for the tv). Although very practical and thoughtful, there was no surprise Christmas morning. It was a huge let down....my fault completely....but still a huge let down. I have never peeked since.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
I thought Who was on first...
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
Monday, Monday by The Mama's and The Papa's.
On Mondays everyone goes to school and work. not that I am anti-social or anything.....