Thursday, January 29, 2009
BIG B, little b, What Begins With B?
Beverly YouWho ,(yes, I understand that her name is really Beverly Dru, but every time I start to write Beverly Dru, I think "You Who" and there you have it. Now I've gotten off track. Don't you all know me well enough by now to know that if I get interrupted (even if it is ME doing the interrupting) that it can take forever to get back on track!
OK, I'll try again.
Good Morning. Beverly YouWho, (yes, I understand that her name is........opps)
Monkey's Are Funny
GOOD MORNING (...almost afternoon at this point) Beverly YouWho is playing a fun game. I left her a comment, she assigned me a letter and then I write 10 things I love that begin with that letter.
AFTER (that would be after, not before) you finish reading my post...without skimming as you may miss something important.....leave me a comment and let me know if you would like for me to assign you a letter. What POWER I will have then! How will I ever decide what letter to assign? Should I put them in a hat and pick one? Should I pick a random one? Should I close my eyes and point to something and use the first letter of that object? Should I play this? Can I handle the stress? What if no one wants to play? What if everyone else has already been given a letter by someone else? What if I do decide what letter to give to someone and lets just say I chose R but then I got a cramp in my finger and accidentally pushed the letter T? Would I quickly send them an email and let them know of the error or should I just have them use T instead? PRESSURE!!
Okay....10 Things I Love That Begin With The Letter "B".
1. The Bible......I love the fact that if I have a problem, there is usually an answer in the Bible. Unfortunately, I usually don't know where to find the answer but if I do research, even if I don't find the verse I am looking for , I usually end up feeling better anyway. I'm not very consistent about reading it. I especially like reading verses people leave on their blogs. I copy, in my journal, some of the ones that seem to be speaking directly to me. (My journal is quickly filling up.). Sometimes I like to read the verses in different Bibles to get different perspectives. For instance, reading the King James version is beautiful..BUT I tend to get more out of my study Bible or The Bible for Today's Christian Woman. I love to read so you can add other Books to this answer too.
2. Blogging....gee, I bet that one surprised you!
3. Boys- Specifically my 2. (sons, that is..)
4. Black Clothes....My sis-in-law calls me Morticia ....in a loving way.... I think....
5. Box of Brown Hair Dye- Not that I use it, of course. Not that I have any gray hairs to cover up.....wait a minute...didn't I just do a post (or 2) on Lying this week? OK, Yes, I use it. THERE....Are you happy??? You know the truth!!!! Does that make you feel better?
6. Breathing Apparatus....As in SCBA.....As in Self Contained Breathing Apparatus....As OPPOSED to SCUBA...which is Self Contained UNDERWATER Breathing Apparatus. I don't need the underwater part.... but it would be fun..... hmmm, something to think about. Anyway, I like breathing apparatus. It makes breathing much easier inside a burning building. However, that is the only time I use it. No need to walk around carrying all that extra weight when it isn't necessary.
7. Bricks....as in brick Houses. No, silly. Not Brick House by the Commodores. but actual brick houses. My house isn't even brick but I LOVE dark red brick houses. I think they have a classy, neat, classic look..... hhmmmm ...a classic classy look. I also like to keep a supply of bricks around to repair that wall around me.... you know ...in case it starts to crumble.
8. Bush, as in George and George W.
9. Batteries.....Think Cars, Flashlights, Game-Boys, cameras, cell phones, MP3 or iPods etc. A lot of things we use every day wouldn't work very well without batteries.
10. Bubbles.....if you know me....nuff said.
So there you have it. 10 things that I love that start with the letter B. I'll probably think of something much better after this posts but these are the ones that first came to mind.
If you want to play and haven't already, just send me a comment and let me know you would like a letter. I'll assign you one and then ..... (Talk about POWER!!).....wait...we already went over that.
monkeys are funny........