Saturday, January 3, 2009
What's Wrong With This Picture?
Actually, a good title for this post would be What's RIGHT With This Picture?
My friend and I prefer the summer MUCH more than the winter (Remember January or June??). So, we came up with a list of things that were good about the winter months to make the cold weather more bearable.
1. You can leave your drink in the car while you go in the store and it stays cold.(great for diet coke drinkers...not so great for coffee drinkers).
2. Kids go to school!!
4. Candles, especially scented ones always seem nicer in the winter......well, they do to me.....cranberry, spices, pumpkin pie, cedar, apple pie.....all great winter scents. yes, I know there are nice summer scents too....Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Chlorinated Pool Water...but now I've gotten off track......see what you did?......Please, No More Interruptions.....(thank you).
5. Kids are at SCHOOL!!
6. Snow.....Beautiful while it's coming down and it snows seldom enough in Virginia to make it exciting.....until they close the schools!!
7. Bundling up in blankets while having popcorn and watching movies on tv.
8. Winter clothes are normally more flattering.
9. The children go to school.
10. You can turn your porch light on and hundreds of bugs don't come in the house every time you open the door. That brings me back to my original question. What's wrong with this picture? This picture was taken last week, December 28th. I opened the door to go outside and there were bugs flying around the light. I believe the high temperature that day was somewhere around 78 degrees. That's unbelievable....well, actually it is believable because it's true and I wouldn't be telling you about it if it weren't true....plus I have pictures to back up the story.
ANYWAY, amazing. 2 nights ago, which was about a week later it is FREEZING outside. The low is supposed to be around 19 degrees.
Today when I woke up it was snowing (just a few flakes...but snowing never-the-less). Then it sleeted for a while. then the temp rose, the sun came out and it probably was 55-60 degrees.
Welcome To Virginia!!