Thursday, April 2, 2009
I see many of you do the Thankful Thursday Post. I think the first time I saw it was at Chatty Kelly's Blog. I've never joined in before but this week I really need to.
1. I am thankful for people that go out of their way to make my birthday special. These people know that I won't make a big deal about a birthday AND they know that if my birthday passed by without any fanfare I would be fine. HOWEVER, they also know how good it feels to be reminded that there really are people that do care about you and really do like you...."They really like you!". Because of them, I know it now also! SO, thanks Chatty Kelly and Edie for the birthday post AND thanks everyone for all the nice comments......special thanks to God's Girl and Lea at the Shabby Ole Potting Shed for the many MANY birthday wishes and trivia. (I can handle that ONCE a year)...and God's Girl...I'm on to you AND on to who those Anonymous comments were from! : )
2. I am thankful that we have all of our needs and many of our wants. Lately, I am seeing more and more unemployment. Not only on tv but even in my own neighborhood. I have always been a frugal person. Not a miser, but pretty careful about where I spend our money. I am very thankful that I have never had to worry about having enough money to feed my kids or for any of life's necessities. (AND that I am still able to throw in a few of those WANTS every now and then!!)
3. I am thankful for family. Even though I carry on about family every now and then, I am VERY lucky. My sisters are wonderful, my neices and nephew are great. I am thankful that my son and his cousin are best friends. AND it isn't very often that you hear someone say they are thankful for their in-laws. But my mother-in-law and her husband are wonderful and are ALWAYS there for me and for my children.
4. I am thankful that someone very close to me, that had prostate surgery, is doing great and is on the road to recovery.
5. I am thankful that a migraine that lasted almost 4 days is now just a small dull thud. ( a small dull thud.... hmmm)
AND, even though there are supposed to be only 5 things....
6. I am thankful that there are still people out there that think Monkey's Are Funny....even after that have read my posts : )
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!