Monday, August 18, 2008

Tvs, Computers, and Cells....oh my

Heidi Heidi Heidi Ho
( heidi heidi heidi ho)

Heidi Heidi Heidi Hey
( heidi heidi heidi hey)

Ok that's out of my system.

We (Alberquando, JM, JM's friend HJ, and I) are spending the week house/dog sitting for my sister, ET. It is only about 45 minutes away from our house but it is still like a mini vacation.

We arrived Saturday afternoon and will stay until this coming Saturday.

Here is a recap of the first 24 hrs we were here. (as you are reading this, remember that ET will be reading this too. wonder if she'll ever ask us if we want to house sit again?)

First of all, of course I overpacked. But you just never know when you might need......

We arrived at destination. I tell the boys to unpack the car while I take the cooler in and put things in refridge. I check on their progress. They each had brought in their own bag (only) and even those hadn't made it upstairs. They were sacked out on the sofa like they had been working for hours.

Finally car is unpacked. I'm trying to put things in order.

"Mom, call ET. I can't get the tv to work."
"Mom, call ET, I can't get the computer to work"
"Mom, where's......."
"Mom, I'm STARVING"
etc etc etc

ET's husband is a computer genius. TV's and computers here are so high-tech that there are always multiple "How do we..." phone calls to him whenever we stay here.

Can't remember his cell number.
It should be in my cell.
Oops, my cell died, got a new one, haven't programmed people's numbers in it yet.
Look around can't find number.
Call my house to get cell number from He's Not AHDH He.
No answer.
Call Chatty Kelly.
Get cell number from her.
Get sidetracked talking to her.
30 minutes later still talking to Chatty Kelly on phone when I hear "Mom, Do you know where they keep the toilet plunger?"

To Be Continued..............

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I could SO post a spoiler here, but I won't. Cause I am so nice. SMILE!

Hope all is going well.

(squeak.)

The Patterson 5 said...

The suspense! I hope all is well!

On Purpose said...

This sounds like a normal daily routine to me...hehe!

Edie said...

LOL... enjoying the story so far. I know I'm way behind everyone else but I'll be there in a minute.