Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here We Go Again...



Perhaps you all remember the "minor Mishaps" my son had with my Nissan. If that was before you started reading, you can check them out at Step Away From The Car and
Step Away From The Car...Again.

Anyway...Here we go again....

Cost of a 2004 Chevy Cavalier with only 54,000 miles......... $2,000 (bought from a towing company after owner didn't pick up. After 90 days it becomes their property) (Blue Book Value $4500-$5000).

Minor repairs needed.........Approx $350.00

Registrations/License Plates/County Stickers etc....Approx $100.00

Cost of NOT having to Chauffeur my 17 year old everywhere.....PRICELESS!!!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Priceless indeed.

Congrats on your new found freedom. And his.

Anonymous said...

What a deal! Seems funny (now) to think back to the first time we let our son drive out of town to go see his best friend, he came back with a different hood on his car. They had traded hoods! It's a long story. Girls trade shoes and shirts, guys trade car parts. Those first few years of driving have quite a few stories.

My ADHD Me said...

Ck- Hopefully this one will last longer than 13 months!

Beverlydru- This is his 2nd car. The last one was mine for 16 years. he killed it in 13 months. But considering all the mishaps he did have with it (see links) we're grateful everyone is ok. It is definitely scary every time they drive off.

Edie said...

Didn't I leave a comment in here? I could have sworn I did. Hmmm - oh well.

Congratulations to both of you! What a great deal too.

On Purpose said...

This is SO my future...which makes me nervous to read about...hehe!

How was your weekend?

HisPrincess said...

Princess Stephanie is car hunting as we speak. She has $3000 and $30,000 taste. Story of her life!

Rebecca Ingram Powell said...

Hey girl,

good for him! My daughter has kind of "waded in" to driving, and she does a great job. She never seemed to be in a big hurry for it, but tonight, my 14 yo son asked if he could drive the car up the driveway when we got home!

Boys and girls are different....

Pinkshoelady said...

Hey Girl,
Praying for the car, your son and all the others drivers on the road.
Got my little package!
I loved it! It was soooo you!

My daughter wants the keychain. I said "No. It's mine. I won it. And it is from my friend." Great way to talk to a nine year old huh?

Anyway, I loved it all.
Thanks for everything especially becoming my friend.

Pamela

The Patterson 5 said...

We are all praying along with you for his safety! I'll bet he is sooooo excited!