Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Won't Be Late.....

I am always busy.
I am always rushing.

I am always late....(just ask any one of the ladies that I babysit for during their Bible Study....I think they must only keep me because I'm CK's sister).

I know being late is rude. I know being late is inconsiderate. AND I know I hate waiting on someone else if they are late.

I am going to make it a point not to be late again.....well, at least a lot less often.

I really really try to be on time. I really do!
What do you mean you don't believe me?
I do!
No, I'm not lazy and I do care about your time. Please forgive me. It's not intentional. I actually make it a point to be on time or even 1 minute early.....(if I'm too early I may have to sit...quietly....with nothing to do.....(cold shiver). I always have a book or crossword puzzle with me in case I have to wait.....and sit.....quietly....with nothing to do.(another cold shiver)

To be on time I:

Leave myself notes,

Set a timer for at least 15 minutes before I have to leave.

Set the timer again for 10 minutes before I have to leave.

Set the timer again for 5 minutes before I have to leave.

But then I have those 3 minutes just sitting there. t i c k---t o c k..... t i c k----t o c k ....

I get everything I may need to take with me and either put it in the car or at least by the door.
(keys, purse, book, crossword puzzles, bag of whatever, jacket or sweater in case where ever I'm going has the AC up too high, t-shirt in case it is too hot, diet coke for on the way there, frozen water bottle for on the way home......I never said I'm not always prepared.....Ok, yes...I CAN say Obsessive Compulsive....don't rub it in!)

I've already checked the dog's water bowl and put her on the outside cable.

I've already checked that lights are out.

I've already made sure any candles I may have had burning have been blown out.

I've already RE-checked that any candles I may have left burning are blown out.

The stove is off. The dryer is off (I'm a fire fighter.....I know about dryer fires).

I've done the last email check and even logged off the computer to avoid re-checking one more time.

My shoes are on (almost always sneakers even if I'm dressed up. I will have already put my pumps in the car to put on at the last minute....but I think I addressed that once before).

THE TIMER GOES OFF

I have it go off the last time about 1-2 minutes before I MUST leave.

I go towards the door.

Oh yeah, let me leave a note to "Guacamole" to let him know where I am. (I think I need to change his name,,,Guacamole just doesn't work for me....for now on he is JM).(he's the 17 yr old)

The phone rings....I won't answer it...but I will check caller ID just in case it is an emergency.

Going back to the door...did I turn off the lights in the back of the house? I know I did. I better check real quick.

I'm out the door....door is locked.....No, I didn't lock my keys in the house.....give me a break!

While I'm outside I'll grab the mail.

Oh, I better unlock the door and put the mail inside after I quickly scan it.

Oh good, there's my water bottle on the counter. I almost forgot it. The ice is starting to melt. I'll just add a few ice cubes.

Dropped the ice or spilled the water.....clean it up.
Really rushing now.

Walking out the door again. Lock the door. Oh look, I forgot to turn off the back porch light this morning.

Unlock the door, turn off the light, reclose and relock the door.

Oh #$&//*# (shoot)
I locked my keys in the house this time.

I need to go out and get the spare that we have hidden in the....AH HA! Bet you thought I was going to tell you where the key is hidden.

OK, I'm really rushing now.

I run and get the key, unlock the door, get my keys, drop the spare on the counter, realize that if I don't put the spare back where it goes it will never get back there, check that I have both keys, run to put the spare one away, stop to pat the dog that is now barking furiously because I keep running back and forth and jump in the car...hot, sweaty, out of breath and ready to go.

Opps, forgot my cell, I'll need to run in and get it.

Unlock--- pick up cell---relock.

There's my neighbor...Quick "Hi, How ya doin'?"

Back in the car....start the car....start slowly driving out of my subdivision....check the gas tank level...................

9 comments:

Kelly said...

You are the mad hatter! ("I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, no time to say hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!" The mad part especially (crazy).

Why not try to leave unprepared one time and let the chips fall where they may. Just your cell phone & keys. Go - be free!

Anonymous said...

Is this a segway for tomorrow???

ET

HisPrincess said...

This sounds suspiciously like the bath tub incident! I'm sensing a pattern forming here! Love it.

Sue J. said...

Being late certainly doesn't affect your kindness or your humor. While I could never imagine doing what CK suggests (nor could I imagine CK doing that herself!), don't beat yourself over it either.

We love you!
Yes, we do!
Late or not, you're always true.
With a great big smile and a tale to go along...
You play like a favorite song!

[Though, maybe not this one, because a certain purple dinosaur we all know managed to completely mess up "This Old Man" and left us with something more kids remember than that classic counting song. Thank goodness folks like you and me know how to play with a rhyme!

I'm back.....for now!]

Kelly said...

Wow...did Sue J just say you have a big smile and a big tail? That is so insulting. A great big tail! Oh my. **snicker**

Sue J. said...

I said "Tale, not tail!" The purple dinosaur has a tail. That brings up a horrible story about how I sent my grandmother a card about chasing such things.....I am so naive! I thought it was about kites. Really!

My blog's not spicy, but this one is shaping up to be. ADHDMe, we need you to chime in with some cowbell and declare a victor in the Tale of the Tail...or is that the Tail of the Tale?

Kelly said...

or is it the whale tail (a great big tail!).

Okay okay, Sue J said it was a big tale. I was just trying to liven things up over here. Geez.

marine's words said...

I agree with your sister you do so like the mad hatter :),marina

My ADHD Me said...

CK and Sue j.....
I'll just play the cowbell and let you two decide.
I always have a long tale.
My dog has a long tail.

Geez, I tried to come up with a rhyme,
but not this time....hehe