Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I Would Never Do That.......

This is Very Important!

If you decide to have a bubble bath and you have ADHD, do not, I repeat...DO NOT leave the room while the bathtub is filling with water!

Now I'm not saying this happened to me! I know enough about ADHD to NEVER do something like that.

I would NEVER start filling the bathtub and then go to the linen closet to get a towel. I would never scoop up some dirty laundry on the way to the linen closet. I would never decide to quickly start a load of laundry. After starting the washer I would never put those few cups that are in the sink, into the dishwasher.

Even though the computer is just in the next room, I would never decide there is enough time to quickly check my email. I would never ever quickly reply to just a few. I would never look around the computer desk and decide to straighten it up. I would never do those things because the bathtub is filling up with water..... But it does take a while to fill.

I would never start back to the bathroom only to make a beeline to the bedroom to quickly pick out what I was going to wear. Oh look, there's just a few clean towels on the bed that need folding. I could do that in just 2 seconds. Good thing I would never do that.

OK, maybe I would do those things but it takes FOREVER to fill the bathtub. I'm sure I've done all these things in just a matter of a couple of minutes. I have time.

The floor needs vacuuming too, of course I KNOW there isn't time to vacuum but I'm sure there is time to pull out the vacuum cleaner so that I will remember to vacuum later. OK, I might do that.

How can I vacuum the floor with all that clutter on it. It will only take 2 seconds to clear the floor. Yes, I did that too.

Oh look, the dog's water bowl needs to be filled.....water bowl.............water..............wasn't I doing something else?.....................

My Bathroom floor has NEVER been cleaner.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Guess that little drainy thing under the faceut doesn't actually do it's job that well...not that you'd know. Just speculating.

Isn't life exciting? You know, if you'd just take a shower this type of thing wouldn't happen.

HisPrincess said...

Ummmmm. I don't think you have to have ADHD to do something like that.
.....not that I would know, because I would never do something like that! Just speculating!
LOL! You crack me up!

The Patterson 5 said...

Oh dear! Well at least your bathroom floor is clean-and the rest of your house is straight, email checked! You can sit back and relax!

marine's words said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog I enjoyed your post it seems like you and your sister are close you are lucky I have 2 and we are not close at all oh well maybe someday.
I love the fact that you are a firerfighter !! I really respect what you all do.:) please stop by again.marina